Head of Funds (Hong Kong)
Hong Kong, CentralFund Services
At Bolder Group, we support ideas, ambitions, growth and acceleration, because we truly believe the potential of globalisation for businesses and professionals is unlimited. As a fully independent corporate & fund service provider with over 250 employees worldwide, we guide and assist clients in their international business and investment activities to effectively break the barriers in this present complex global marketplace.
We recognize that the financial services industry is constantly evolving. To manage the increased complexity in services and compliance, we monitor international developments and are responsive to the changes in regulations that cause major shifts in today’s connecting markets.
We are convinced that in today’s financial markets, clients need complete and up-to-date information to anticipate and make the best decisions. We support and enable our clients with the ability to follow and execute their ideas and ambitions – from start to finish. That is why our mission is simple:
To keep our clients informed, involved and in control – at all times.
For our fast-growing organisation, we are looking for a Head of Funds in Hong Kong.
As Head of Funds, you are responsible for the overall execution of service delivery for fund clients. You will oversee the services for all assets classes including Hedge Funds, Private Capital and Crypto funds. In this role you will report to the General Manager of Hong Kong and functionally you will report to the Global Head of Funds. You will closely work together with the local compliance team and service line Heads to ensure excellent service delivery to clients.
You are expected to:
- Oversee onboarding of new clients and plan resources
- Oversee service delivery to clients (in time in full)
- Establish and execute on all fund operations strategies, ensure superb client experience
- Oversee errors and control breakdowns including identification, resolution, reporting, root cause analysis and remediating actions
- Identify potential risks and red flags and escalate these to the General Manager and Compliance
- Hand-on review and comment on fund legal documents
- Safeguard the wellbeing of the team by making sure everybody knows what is expected from them and by enabling everyone to deliver on what is expected from them
- Coaching and management to help people advance in their careers
- Adopt Bolder DNA and desired culture, lead by example
- Participate in and contribute to global service line initiatives such as new services development and workflow optimization
- Manage financial KPI’s such as outstanding debtors, client budgets, overall profitability of the service line etc.
The ideal candidate is a strong communicator and can showcase the following qualifications, skills and competencies:
- 7 – 10 years of relevant working experience in fund administration / fund accounting/ buy-side operation
- Rich knowledge of fund operation workflow
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, and management
- Multi underlying asset classes knowledge is preferred
- Strong collaborative team player. Problem solver who thrives when presented a challenge
- Proven management skills managing clients, people, finance, risk, and compliance
- Strong aptitude for workflow management, data technology and automation
- In depth knowledge of financial markets, financial instruments, and a wide variety of alternative investment strategies
- Ability to quickly gearshift between strategic thinking and a hands-on approach
- Strong verbal and written Mandarin and Cantonese skills are essential