Finance / Accounting Officer (Financial Reporting)
Angeles City, Central Luzon (Region III), PhilippinesFinance
For our fast-growing organisation we are looking for a Financial Reporting Team Lead.
A core member of Bolder Philippines Ltd. Financial Reporting team.
- Prepare and review annual semi-annual and quarterly financial statements in accordance with GAAP or IFRS, as required.
- Lead assigned engagements including planning, budgeting, and client relationship management and delegating to staff. Monitor and report out-of-scope time.
- Ensure accuracy of footnote disclosures in accordance with accounting, reporting, and regulatory standards. Review legal documents governing the fund to ensure appropriate financial statement disclosure structure.
- Present to or exchange information internally, with clients (Bolder Group local offices) and outside auditors.
- Coordinate year-end financial statement process.
- Contribute to identifying, researching, and communicating recent authoritative pronouncements to Bolder Group offices globally.
- Identify errors or problems and independently investigate; recommend solutions to team members or managers.
- Write and/or review various reports related to engagements.
- Prepare adhoc reports for the client upon request.
- Troubleshoot Financial Reporting services issues.
- Attend meetings and training to enhance knowledge to be passed down to the Financial Reporting Staff and Senior Accountants.
- Recognize and communicate potential opportunities for new clients as well as value added service enhancements for existing clients and management.
- Assist manager in preparing Request for Proposals for prospective clients.
- Provide guidance to team members to motivate and help strengthen specific knowledge areas needed to accomplish team goals.
Ideal skills and competencies:
- Must be CPA.
- Have concrete experience on US GAAP, IFRS, Asset Management, Hedge Fund, Financial Reporting in a Supervisory/Assistant Manager capacity.
- Have at least 5 to 7 year(s) of working experience in either an Audit Firm, Hedge Fund, Hedge Fund Administrator or other financial institution where the accountant has gained financial products knowledge.
- Have previous Financial Statement review and/or preparation experience.
- Have advanced knowledge in complex derivatives.
- Have the ability to travel as necessary.
- Have a good communication and writing skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products such as Excel and Word
- Proficient in navigating Paxus, Bloomberg or Reuters is a plus.