Assistant Financial Controller Americas
Join the dynamic team at Bolder Group as an Assistant Financial Controller and make an impact in our growing organization! Reporting directly to the Regional Financial Controller/Head of Finance, you will play a key role in managing our internal accounting activities, as well as other ad hoc finance projects as needed.
As our Assistant Financial Controller, you will assist the Regional Head of Finance with monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting for a number of group entities located throughout the Caribbean and the USA. You will oversee the recording of all accounting entries, regularly review and follow up on outstanding AR balances, and perform monthly bank and intercompany reconciliations.
In addition, you will:
- Prepare and maintain accurate reconciliations for various balance sheet accounts
- Oversee and guide accounting support staff on invoicing, including annual and ad-hoc fees
- Oversee and guide accounting support staff on accounts payable entries and allocation to ensure expenses are accurately recorded and paid in line with vendors' payment terms.
- Review of disbursement accounts on a monthly basis to ensure the accuracy of entries and billing
- Take responsibility for paying government license fees to relevant government agencies in select jurisdictions to limit exposure to penalties
- Implement and monitor policies and procedures for accounting and reporting
- Assist with drafting the annual budget for each location
- Assist with the annual audit process
- Perform any other duties as needed to assist the regional Head of Finance from time to time
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- An internationally recognized professional accounting designation such as CA, ACA, CPA, or equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role within the financial services industry, with a strong background in accounting and finance.
- Experience across multi jurisdictions would be beneficial.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, including pivot tables and lookups, is essential.
- Experience with TrustQuay NavOne would be a distinct advantage.
- Strong project management skills are required, with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential, with the ability to communicate complex financial information to a wide range of stakeholders.
The salary for this position will be commensurate depending on experience, along with statutory benefits and a discretionary bonus.