Assistant Financial Controller America's
RemoteCayman Islands, CaymanFinance
Bolder Group is currently seeking applications for an Assistant Financial Controller. Reporting directly to the Regional Financial Controller/Head of Finance, the successful applicant will be responsible for all aspects of internal accounting activities, as well as other ad hoc finance projects as needed.
Key Tasks/Duties and Responsibilities (reporting to Regional Head of Finance):
- Assist the Regional Head of Finance with monthly, quarterly and annual reporting for a number of group entities located throughout the Caribbean and USA.
- Oversee the recording of all accounting entries, regular review of and follow-up on outstanding AR balances and performing monthly bank and intercompany reconciliations
- Prepare and maintain accurate reconciliations for various balance sheet accounts
- Overseeing and guiding accounting support staff on invoicing, including annual and ad-hoc fees
- Overseeing and guiding accounting support staff on accounts payable entries and allocation to ensure expenses are accurately recorded and paid in line with vendors payment terms.
- Review of disbursement accounts on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy of entries and billing
- Responsible for paying government license fees to relevant government agencies in select jurisdictions to limit exposure to penalties
- Implement and monitor policies and procedures for accounting and reporting
- Assisting with drafting of the annual budget for each location
- Assisting with the annual audit process
- Any other duties as needed to assist the regional Head of Finance from time to time
The successful candidate will require the following:
- An internationally recognized professional accounting designation (CA, ACA, CPA, etc.)
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role within the financial services industry
- Experience across multi jurisdictions would be beneficial
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, including pivot tables and lookups.
- Experience with TrustQuay NavOne would be a distinct advantage
- Strong project management, excellent verbal and written communication skills
The salary for this position will be commensurate depending on experience, along with statutory benefits and a discretionary bonus.
Qualified candidates in Curacao, Americas, BVI and other neighbouring countries are welcome too.